Monday, April 2, 2012

Simplicity 2724



Project Details

Pattern: Simplicity 2724

Fabric: Silk, not sure the exact type, but I know that it is a designer print, I believe its Vera Wang or Donna Karen but I bought it so long ago that I can’t remember.

Lining: No lining

Notions: 14" invisible zipper

General Jazz:
I guess I got a late start on my review considering I made this dress last year; yikes I need to get better at posting things. I loved this dress the moment I saw Erica’s (Erica B DIY style), I knew I needed it.  The first time that I made this dress I found it really large. I followed the measurements on the pattern and cut a 16 but I ended up taking in about 1.5in all around the whole dress so for the second attempt I made a straight 14.

Alterations:
I didn’t do a lot of alterations, but I omitted the facings and just used bias tape for the arms and neckline. I also lowered the front neckline by 1 inch.

Conclusions:
Love this dress so much that I have made it several times. This was the first dress that I actually felt like it was made well enough to go outside in. I made it in February 2011 and even though it is light weight silk I started wearing it in March 2011, at the time we still had several inches of snow on the ground and I probably should have waited but I couldn’t not wear it anymore. I do love this dress and made a few more versions last year.  I don’t think that I will make this one again because there are so many other designs out there that I want to try but it’s a great dress to start with.
Hugs
Megs

No comments:

Post a Comment