Monday, January 28, 2013

Simplicity 2339



Simplicity 2339

Pattern Description:
Amazing Fit Collection. Misses' & Miss petite shirt sewing pattern with individual pattern pieces for & A, B, C, D cup sizes.

Pattern Sizing: 6-14 and 14-22.  I made a 14 with a C cup


Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were
done sewing with it? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? I hardly ever look at instructions usually I find the things that I get confused on I can find better instructions on line.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I really loved how this shirt was a little longer, that it wasn’t a curved hemline and that the collar had a stand.  I hated how they used a piece of bias to make the sleeve slit opening, I avoided it and used a threads template for a perfect placket.  The threads method looks so much better please use it (http://www.threadsmagazine.com/item/25307/how-to-make-a-precision-placket/page/all) it really doesn’t take that much extra time and makes it look much more professional.  I also really liked how this shirt had so many potential areas to completely customize it.  It is great that it has the different cup sizes; it really cuts down on any alterations that I normally have to make. 

Fabric Used: An absolutely beautiful Liberty of London Cotton and a synthetic eyelash lace.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I didn’t make any alterations on this version but in future versions I will add some more room around the hips.  I found that this one almost fits a less curvy hip structure, but it could be a personal preference as I like things to float around my lower midsection rather than sit right on it.  I have added about an inch on either side for future versions.  Even though I like the straight bottom on this version for a future version planned I have added a curved hem line.  Allthough the pattern called for buttons I didn’t want to destroy the lace so I just used some snaps.  I also interfaced all collar, neckline, cuff and button placket pieces because I wanted it to be stiff enough to hold the lace up. 



Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I definitely would recommend this pattern to other people.  The multiple cup sizes along with the great pattern itself made this an easy sew, probably about 10 hours total.  I have already made a peach gingham version of this blouse and have two others cut out and ready to sew.  I also plan on cutting out a third of chambray, so yes I would recommend this one to anyone wanting a good dress shirt.  The one thing I would advise people is to check the hip measurement against yourself because that is the only area where I found it could need some extra room. 

Conclusion: This is one of my all time favorite wardrobe pieces.  I have worn it a bunch and always feel great it in it. 
Thanks for looking
Hugs
Megs


 


1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this blouse, you look gorgeous in it. I love the lace detail and the colour, I wouldn't have thought of black bur it is perfect, just makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete