Friday, January 25, 2013

Vogue 8825

Pattern Description:
Pullover tunic or dress has front extending into back collar, fitted, front pleated bodice, raised waist, tie ends, two-piece sleeves with barrel cuffs, and stitched hem. Fitted, straight-legged pants (below waist) have elastic waist.

Pattern Sizing: 8-24

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were
done sewing with it? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? I looked at the instructions once for neckline facing instructions but this pattern sorta just goes together.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love the almost 70’s vibe that this dress gives off.  I also love that its like a wrap dress but with no risk of front gapage.  I also like the long gathered sleeves.

Fabric Used: A slinky deep burgundy/wine colored jersey fabric.  I can’t remember the exact contents but I know that it is manmade.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:  I didn’t make any alterations on purpose but this fabric has a definite right and wrong side that can only be seen in sunlight.  When I was sewing this I accidentally sewed the right front side to the wrong back sides.  There was absolutely no way to remove the seams without destroying the fabric so I cut very closely to the seam line and recut the back pieces with a little extra seam allowance to make up for what I cut off the front.  Next time I will be more careful because I think that I could have used that little extra around the front and not the back.  Next time I think that I will take a small dart in the neckline because the front does tend to gap a little bit, not enough that I am indecent but enough that sometimes just a bit of my lace slip can be seen, not scandalous but something that I am not entirely happy about.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I keep thinking that I will make this pattern again in the same material just in black (which I have) but I haven’t been motivated enough to do it.  I also have a vision of one in an emerald green silk jersey but there are so many other things that I want to sew so we will see.  That being said I would totally recommend this pattern.

Conclusion: I really do love this dress and I have worn it many times since making it.  I get compliments from random strangers both male and female saying they love the color and that it is a very beautiful dress.  I love how this dress shows off my curves but keeps my front tummy camouflaged with the big wrap tie wrap.  I do find the tie wrap a little long and may shorten it by a couple of inches for the next one.   This dress is a fantastic wardrobe builder and is great both in a professional and non professional setting. 
Till next time
Hugs
Megs


No comments:

Post a Comment